Depending on the scope of work and certain building types and structures, the Construction Supervisor License (CSL) is separated into three separate licenses:

Restricted CSL: For supervision of construction on two-family dwellings, including accessory buildings and structures.

Unrestricted CSL: For supervision of construction of two-family dwellings, buildings that do not exceed 35,000 sq. ft., agricultural buildings and structures, and walls that measure up to 10 feet.

Specialty CSL: Specialty CSLs fall under an unrestricted CSL, and include such specialty trades as:

  • Masonry
  • Windows, Doors, and Siding
  • Insulation
  • Roof Covering
  • Solid Fuel Burning Appliances
  • Demolition

For more details on the classification of specialty CSLs, go to

Home Improvement Contractor: You will need to register if you will be performing common alterations such as: exterior painting, wallpapering, and deck and patio repairs. In most instances, you will need to be both registered as a Home Improvement Contractor and a licensed Construction Supervisor.

The board also requires licensing for specific trades such as:

  • Lead Abatement
  • Electrician
  • Plumber
Insurance ... simple and done!

Hyannis Office
88 Falmouth Road Rt 28
Hyannis, MA 02601
FAX 508-790-1414


Hours  Monday - Friday
9 am -  4:30 pm

Bryden and Sullivan operates solely within the State of Massachusetts
Please note that coverage cannot be issued, started, cancelled, reinstated or changed via email
without written confirmation from our Agency.
Privacy Policy

Dennis Office
485 Route 134, PO Box 1497
So. Dennis MA 02660
FAX 508-394-2267